Commonly referred to as a “nose job,” rhinoplasty can be a great option for many women and men seeking to improve the appearance and/or function of their nose. Based on the unique needs and goals of the individual, this procedure can be customized to help:
- Decrease the overall dimensions of the nose
- Smooth out a nasal hump on the bridge
- Straighten a crooked nose
- Resize/reduce and/or improve the symmetry of the nostrils
- Reshape/refine the tip of the nose
- Reposition the nasal bones to decrease the width of the nose
- Reduce the projection of the nose
- Elevate (or lower) the nasal tip make it slightly upturned (or downturned)
- Repair a deviated septum
If you are interested in rhinoplasty, it’s helpful to have a good idea of what you’d specifically like to improve about your nose prior to meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon. My advice is to create a list of specific issues that bother you as well as what you wish to have changed, then schedule a consultation. Following a thorough evaluation, an individualized treatment plan can be developed based on your particular desires and your surgeon’s professional opinion.
For more information about rhinoplasty, or if you would like to schedule a consultation at Yorkville Institute of Plastic Surgery, please feel free to contact my office today at 416-972-0999.
– Dr. Lawrence Tong, Double Board-Certified Plastic SurgeonPrevious Post Next Post