Am I a Candidate for Injectable Facial Fillers?
Injectable fillers are facial rejuvenation treatments popularly utilized to minimize signs of aging and volume loss in the face. As deep creases, sunken areas, and thinning tissue become more apparent with age, dermal fillers like JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and other advanced options can be an excellent way to temporarily restore the smoothness and fullness characteristic of younger-looking skin. Best of all, these treatments can achieve natural-looking enhancement without surgery, anesthesia, or excessive downtime.
While procedures such as eyelid surgery or a facelift can provide more enduring results, one key advantage of injectable facial fillers is that some individuals who cannot undergo surgery for medical reasons, or simply do not wish to have an operation, may still be able to reach their aesthetic goals. Depending on the type of filler utilized, injectables are typically most successful for men and women seeking to:
- Reduce the appearance of deep creases and fine lines, such as “smoker’s lines,” “marionette lines,” and nasolabial folds
- Replace volume lost as a result of aging, sun exposure, or weight loss
- Achieve volume enhancement in the lips, cheeks, temples, under the eyes, or the hands
- Improve the appearance of mild jowling
If the preceding list contains one or more of your enhancement goals, you may benefit from non-surgical dermal fillers. In general, good candidates for facial fillers:
- Desire a temporary solution to aesthetic facial concerns caused by aging
- Are physically healthy and do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome
During a consultation, Dr. Lawrence Tong will thoroughly assess your medical history and cosmetic concerns to recommend a treatment option that can address your needs. For the right candidate, injectable facial fillers can provide comprehensive facial rejuvenation for a more refreshed and youthful aesthetic.