As I highlighted in my previous blog post, combining a breast augmentation with breast lift surgery can provide several benefits for qualified patients. So what makes a patient qualified? You may be a good candidate for breast lift with implants if one or more of following apply:
- You desire to have your breasts lifted while also increasing their size.
- You are interested in a breast lift, but you desire more overall fullness than can be achieved with mastopexy (breast lift) alone.
- You are interested in breast augmentation, but implants alone cannot correct the amount of breast drooping (ptosis) present.
- You have lost both volume and projection of the breasts as the result of significant weight loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, or other circumstances.
- You have a developmental breast condition called tuberous breasts or “constricted breasts”.
In addition to fitting at least one of the criteria above, you should be in good general health, which includes quitting smoking for at least two weeks before the surgery. If you are a new mother, you will need to wait three months after you have finished breast feeding so true breast size can be accurately determined. Lastly, you must have realistic expectations for what can be achieved with the procedure.
– Dr. Lawrence Tong, Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Contact Our Practice
To learn more about breast augmentation with mastopexy, or to find out if you are a good candidate for this procedure, please contact us today.